• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A first for me

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
I finally had a plant actually bloom with flowers and all. I've got a ruffle sword in a 15g tank with Nannacara aureocephalus and it has sent up shoots before, but always grew baby plants and no flowers. It was looking a little weak and I shoved a Jobe's plant spike (13-4-5) into the roots. Perked it up real nice and now I have this to show for it:

http://www.iwaynet.net/~ken1/fish_pics/new_pics/swordflower.JPG

Now...time to work on the ozelot swords...

aspen

5 Year Member
wow, that's great. lands plants will tend to flower when fed fert rich in P. i wonder if the plant sticks had anything to do with the flowering? i've had a red ozelot flower, on a runner. the flowers are quite small, at least mine were. i was pretty thrilled, a i remember.

rick

farm41

5 Year Member
Nice picture, sure wish I had a digital camera. That's exactly what my ozelots look like when they send up flowers. I think flowers and plantlets are a sign of good health.

I use jobes and it always seems to really get them going, I'm not very regular about adding it though, some add jobes once a month. I poke 1/2 a stick under the all the heavy root feeders, crypts swords and even use it under the dwarf sag.

mordor

5 Year Member
One of my aponogetons has long flower. I had to direct it to whole in my tank top. Strange it did it almost instantly after I put it into tank. Also it look that this species grows much too tall for my tank. Ironically I am trying to maintain biotope in my tank but none of south american plant really live long my tanks while aponogetons grows almost in any conditions :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….