• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Elizabethae - Uaupes

blueblue

5 Year Member
A wildcaught male A. Elizabethae from Rio Uaupes.
It is the husband of the female Eliza that has a caudal spot... :)

wilde1_209.jpg

wilde2_136.jpg

wilde3_111.jpg

MikeNYC

5 Year Member
Nice fish!

What kind of leaves are those? Did you collect them yourself?

I have also been considering adding oak leaves to simulate the leaf litter from their natural habitat.

Fatts

5 Year Member
Mike,
My elizas ate their eggs every time (~12) until I started to add oak leaves. Now I get a spawn a month outta them.

Apistt_ed

MikeNYC said:
Nice fish!

I have also been considering adding oak leaves to simulate the leaf litter from their natural habitat.

I believe that those are Indian Almond leaves used by many aquarists from Asia from breeding plakat bettas to conditioning water to apistos as leaf litter. It's said to have "magical powers" in some way as said by many who use it and it definitely looks great in the tank. Oak leaves work great also as long as they are fully dry. john

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks John, looking forward to seeing yours soon :)

Apistt_ed said:
beautiful fish blueblue...

I love the updated pictures. I am aquiring two pairs within the next week or so and can't wait to deal with elizabethaes again! It's been years. I hope that mine are half as beautiful as yours. john

blueblue

5 Year Member
MikeNYC said:
Nice fish!

Thanks mikenyc :)

Hmm, as John and Fatts said, it's a kind of dried oak leaves which are good for apistos. They were imported to Hong Kong from Indonesia and i just bought them from the local vendors... it is useful for breeding some more technical apisto species such as mendezi, diplo and eliza... it works quite well and you could try :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….