• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. cacatuoides Triple Red X Gold F1 progeny

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I made the above cross of the two morphs and the resulting fish turned out to be really pretty. Besides that, they are recessive for Gold so when they are bred together I should get back my Gold strain. I have a few pairs set up so it won't be long before I will get to find out what they will look like. It will be interesting to see if the resulting Golds gain additional red in their unpaired fins.
A nice male.
Acacatuoides001-1.jpg

Group photo.
Acacatuoides002.jpg

I have over 40 pairs that need homes.
I originally had nearly 170 fry from the one spawn. That is a personal record.
I have sold many pairs and discarded about 25 surplus males. The remaining pairs are in one 55 gal using a large wet/dry filter and an Eheim Classic #2217.
This many adult pairs make a nice display.

Mikey

5 Year Member
It's too bad you didn't live in Canada! I could get rid of those FAST here. As well as keep some for myself(they're hard to come by on any kind of regular basis, and then they're usually all males).

LeviathanGirl

5 Year Member
I have a spawn going from a female gold and a male double red. Unfortunately I only have about 10 fry, but I cant wait to see what they become. Also unfortunately my female passed on a couple days ago so I cant do a repeat spawning an try for more babies. :( I'm interested in a pair if you have any available.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,
Not sooner than I began advertising these fish on aquabid and my computer broke down. It was in the shop for the first 2 weeks of June. I sold about a dozen pairs for $30/pr but I have been selling them for $20/pair to forum members who mention seeing them available in a forum. I still have a good supply of young, large adult breeders.
I use USPS Priority mail and charge $15 to cover the postage and shipping box. 1 to 3 pairs can be sent without adding more to postage. I will donate $5.00 to apistogramma.com per pair of the Apistogramma cacatupoides sold.
Knocking on wood, but so far there has been 100% live arrivals among the dozen or so pairs sent out.
These nice fish need good homes. I want to put my new 8 Peruvian wild Angels in the 55 gal I am presently storing the Apistos in.
I ship once a week, on Tuesdays. Next Tuesday, June 24TH, I have 7 pairs of the Apistos and 7, 3-1/2" Red Turquoise Discus going out.
I also have juvenile F1 Leopard Frog Plecos, L134 available @ $45 each or six for $240. This pretty Pleco grows fast but max size is only ~3-inches for adults. These are a meat eating pleco; no use as algae eaters. Their small max size makes them perfect for peaceful SA dwarf Cichlid and other SA Biotope aquariums.
Leopard Frog Peckoltia sp L134
L134nursery1.jpg

PM me or contact me at: [email protected]. Please note: There will be an additional $10 box charge after I run out out of used boxes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….