• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. borelli tumour?

RickE

5 Year Member
Hi All

I have a nice little pair of A. borelli but the male has had a 'growth' under his right eye for weeks now. I do plenty of water changes with RO water but I haven't treated with anything so far. I don't like to generally but I will if someone can come up with a god suggestion. It doesn't look fungal or like anything else I'm familiar with and is progressing very slowly. I'm beginning to wonder if it might be a tumour.

It has not affected him in any other way so far, still eating like a pig. Nothing else in the tank has it.

Any thoughts please?

Rick

Attachments

• Borelli1.jpg
    Borelli1.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 360
  • Borelli2.jpg
    Borelli2.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 369

RickE

5 Year Member
OK, thanks Gerald. I guess I'll just try and keep the water quality up. I might try some Myxazin because it's otherwise pretty harmless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….