• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

54 liters/15 gallons tank and Apisto Panduro

LindaAlgo

Hi.
I wonder if it is a good idea to have a couple of apistogramma panduro in a 54 liters/15 gallons (60x30x30 cm) tank? Or is it to small to house panduro in it? Could the female get knocked about by the male or the other way around?
The tanks is decorated like this:
54 lliters.jpg

I really like the panduro and I would love to have it but I am a little afraid that it may not be a great idea.

LindaAlgo

Yes, very possible - IF they are already a breeding pair (have successfully bred with each other before - they don't form true mated pairs). Otherwise you may have problems.

Thanks for the answer. I don't know if I have the possibility to find a true pair.
Should I give up the thoughts of housing apisto in the tank if I can't get hold of a true pair?

LindaAlgo

Thanks for the answer. I will have to see what I can find. Some of the species that you referred to I think is hard to find in Sweden.
And borellii I already have. Maybe it is not meant to be a apisto-tank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….