1. Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

50gal natural style tank

Discussion in 'South American Biotope Aquariums' started by Bobblehead27, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Bobblehead27

Bobblehead27 Member

Not so much of a biotope as a natural type tank I guess. Not even sure if I'm going Apistos or if I'm going with the Nannochromis splendens that my LFS has. But current stocking is a bunch of guppies and RCS as well as 5 otocinclus. I have a 20 that some of Longthe guppies and RCS will go to prior to any cichlid being added, but they're just there for free live food.
    I will update when I get some cichlids.
    Any criticism on my scaping would be appreciated. It's my first real attempt at aquascaping

Attached Files:

2. Drayden Farci

Drayden Farci Active Member

I think it looks good. I bet a bunch of Brazilian Pennywort on the left side (or even the right) would look awesome. I much prefer that to other plants for South American tanks, but if you're going with Nanochromis, a bunch of Bolbitis and Anubias will look cool.

Just personal preference :) And I've found Pennywort grows like a weed if you just ignore it.
  3. Bobblehead27

Bobblehead27 Member

I do have some anubias on the driftwood. But I like the bolbitis idea. I'll have to make sure it can be low light though because the left side has some red tiger Lilies making their way up to the top so it'll probably be a lot less light over there
  4. Bobblehead27

Bobblehead27 Member

Duplicate entry