• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

46g Apistos

MonteSS

Rescaped the 46g Bow with cedar wood and thick with plastic plants.

I like the look and it really works well to seperate territories.

The Angels and Tetras feel at home.

Apistos come to the front quite often. Mostly all males and they get along well.

A. Trifaciata male and female they ignore each other.
2 A. Cac triple red males
1 A. Aggasizi Fire red male
1 A. Cac Orange flash

I want to add more males and will probably move them to the 75g.

mwwade33

I was considering Angels for a while have you had any issues with them in there with the Apistos? That is a combination I could see my self having in the future.

Great looking fish by the way.

MonteSS

Thanks. Absolutely no probs with the Angels. They get along great with each other and ignore the Apustos. 20 Black neons work out well too. There is no breeding so things might change if there were.

None of the Apistos claim a territory and no fighting. Once again things might change as they mature.

This tank sits a couple inches from my computer so I get to enjoy them all day. I love it.

mwwade33

That's awesome. My overall goal is to work from home some day. I can definitely envision a tank in my office haha.

MonteSS

I know my tank and approach is frowned upon by many here.

I have done the more rare apistos and species tanks.

but as said I am enjoying the interactions in this tank right now.

MonteSS

All male tank going strong and no fighting. Still in the 36" 46g.

Cant tell you enough how much I love this tank.

Current stock list now is

2 Cac triple red
2 Trifas
2 Borelli
1 Panduro
1 Aggie fire red
1 Wangenflecken
1 Cac Orange flash
1 unknown

2 Angels
12 Black neons
2 Panda Cory

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….