• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

17 Gallon Tankmates

MagnoliaLeaf

Hello all.

I’m building a blackwater 17 gallon tank. The dimensions are 24.5 x 12.7 x 12.5.

The centerpiece will be a pair of cacatuoides.

What fish would be best with them?

Other confirmed species are Pygmy cories, a mystery snail, and ghost shrimp.

Some ideas for a dither that I’ve had are ember tetras or endlers.

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
I've seen a post on this very forum of a male A. cacatuoides with a Pygmy Cory halfway down it's throat. I believe it never managed to get out, meaning both the male and the Cory died. I would strongly suggest not keeping any Corys in the tank unfortunately.

Ember Tetras are good choices, as are most other characins. Cardinals, Tucanos, Emperors, Green Fire, Pencilfish, Hatchetfish...the list goes on! Lots of choices there, but I wouldn't suggest the Corys.

Endlers may get eaten eventually, to be honest. The fry certainly will be eaten. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….