• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Search results

  1. K

    Mendezi

    Are all mendezi that bad, or is it the odd individual? Could you not keep a single pair in that tank?
  2. K

    ID please

    Thanks, the shop keeper said steindachneri. No idea about catch location. Only 2 of them. Will try and get decent pictures once they settle in.
  3. K

    ID please

    Any ideas on what this is please? Thanks
  4. K

    kribs polongwe

    Lovely fish, thanks for sharing.
  5. K

    Mislabeled as Laetacara curviceps?

    It is a lovely fish. It looks like a Laetacara to me, the tail markings especially. Thayeri perhaps?
  6. K

    Juvenile borelli opals

    In the first group 1 & 2 definitely look female to me. All the others I am not sure. Male Borellii have a high dorsal fin. No sign of that yet in any of them.
  7. K

    Atahualupa experience

    Very cacatuoides like to my eye.
  8. K

    Is it my imagination or do tank raise fishes have a harder time adjusting to acidic water then wc fishes to more neutral water.

    Domestic rams are just about impossible to keep. I gave up a long time ago.
  9. K

    Help ID and Gender...

    You can take reasonable pictures on a decent quality modern phone.
  10. K

    Help ID and Gender...

    I’ve seen a female A. borellii with fry at about 2.5 cm in the past.
  11. K

    Help ID and Gender...

    Not for me I’m afraid.
  12. K

    Breeding apistogramma ortegai papagei

    The original poster might want to clarify the units they gave the dimensions in.
  13. K

    A plant new to me

    I just love it when (slightly grown) fry appear and you had no idea they were breeding.
  14. K

    My first apistos

    Does cacatuoides not mean cockatoo like? Nijsseni refers to a person.
  15. K

    Is this Nannacara anomala?

    I’ve not bred them either, but given that they are quite readily available at a small size in the UK, I think they are bred commercially. Probably in the Czech Republic.
  16. K

    Is this Nannacara anomala?

    Yes anomola. One of my favourite fish.
  17. K

    Is this Nannacara anomala?

    I think it is a young male.
  18. K

    Wild Caught Peru Apisto ID

    I’ve been thinking about what other fish these look like. Are these like A. juruensis?
  19. K

    Wild Caught Peru Apisto ID

    Please don’t put it in a bag and give it a good shake.
  20. K

    Wild Caught Peru Apisto ID

    Interesting and lovely fish. It’s very like cacatuoides to me without the zig zag pattern.
Top