• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Search results

  1. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    Two more individuals in the tank, a lot smaller and thinner than the previously photographed one This was the one I thought was male, biggest in the tank and no ocellus, however you may be right as belly is definitely still rounder and slightly pink I should add behaviour wise it’s also the...
  2. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    Would the lack of ocellus not be a tell tale sign of being male? They had been well fed so could explain the rounded appearance but not entirely sure I’ll keep sneaking up on them trying to get a better shot when the dorsal is extended
  3. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    One of the bigger males left in my shop, roughly 2.5-3inches now Still quite confident in being a Wallaciia but i may have to take a few more home, you know to really make sure for science
  4. J

    Sexing apisto panduro - stressed sneaker male?

    Hey! It was me who served you over the weekend, nice to see you here! Just following this to see what the outcome is, like I said I’d love to be wrong and for it to be male
  5. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    First of all, what a stunning specimen! And yes, currently no white visible on the ocellus but at the size it’s hard to actually distinguish, I’m glad i took this chance, and I may have to pick up another one this weekend
  6. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    There has been discrossus on my mind, specifically foirni so potentially a tank in the future, as I fear my A.diadema would make short work ofDiscrossus
  7. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    I do believe it is the Wallaciia genus, bares a resemblance to sp. Orinoco but doesn’t have the dual dorsal ocellus seen typically Either way, very interested to see how it develops further!
  8. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    The Gymnos were never a long term plan for this tank, it was a case of rescuing them from someone else’s tank By winter they should be in a tank that’s kept around 18c year round
  9. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    Definitely, hopefully it does end up being Wallaciia, which looks a bit more promising due to the dorsal spot and mouth shape but we shall see Behaviour wise is much more akin to Wallaciia too, more skulking and hiding than from what I’ve typically seen in the larger pikes
  10. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    Exactly the same here, original plan was a 3ft by 2ft in the cabinet under this tank for sclero, the rhabs and probably bloodfin tetra But I want to start breeding a few fish and it’s the only space I have Too many fish not enough room
  11. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    Thank you! And no it’s a gymnogeophagus rhabdotus that I took in from a customer Trying to move it on to someone i know who keeps s.barbatus so they’ll be in much more suitable tank
  12. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    I ended up taking one home to grow on and hopefully ID as it ages Luxury of working in a fish store, if it does turn out to be a larger species I can take him back
  13. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    After doing a deep dive into the whole group I’m thinking potentially a Saxatilla species
  14. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    To be honest I’ve never seen juvenile C.geayi so they could easily be the right species Always best to ask those who know more when in doubt!
  15. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    See I thought Wallacia due for to body shape and the spot on the caudal area But more than happy to be told different
  16. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    The shop I work in have had a delivery of pike cichlids, listed as C.geayi but I don’t believe they are My guess is a notopthalmus sp of some sort, any guesses?
  17. J

    Ivanacara Bimaculata in the UK

    The trio have been doing incredible in the main display, still can’t believe I have them
  18. J

    Ivanacara Bimaculata in the UK

    I was more concerned on them being targeted but luckily nothing And I do believe I have two males and a female judging by their behaviours so that works out well Obviously I can always take one into work if there is conflict
  19. J

    Ivanacara Bimaculata in the UK

    Fantastic, they quickly outgrew the temp holding tank so I moved them into my main tank expecting a bit of conflict but so far, nothing they’re left alone and they leave the other cichlids alone
  20. J

    Ivanacara Bimaculata in the UK

    So I actually ended up getting some in the shop I work at Locally bred too
Top