• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. macmasteri redneck

II Knucklez II

I have been looking for this fish for a while now, they are one of my favorite Apisto's. Only could find them through Wetspot but they are $30 each plus shipping which if you next day it is around $70 more or less, so that has slowed me down until I found a C.A.F.E. member from the Ohio fish club had some and was willing to sell some for a reasonable price. The shipping was still very expensive but I really wanted them bad!

so heres an unboxing video to share with you guys and would like to know if anyone else has them?

I planned on breeding them and adding some to my 180g Discus tank.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Definitely different from what was originally sold as 'Redneck' (Rotrücken in German) - which is a wild population. Here is a photo of a wild specimen. We called it a 'Red-shoulder Mac' back in the Dark Ages. He won 3rd place at the 1984 ACA convention.
upload_2016-11-11_10-50-50.png

Cookie_apisto

Definitely different from what was originally sold as 'Redneck' (Rotrücken in German) - which is a wild population. Here is a photo of a wild specimen. We called it a 'Red-shoulder Mac' back in the Dark Ages. He won 3rd place at the 1984 ACA convention.
View attachment 6325

He look nice and huge! Did yoy breed them? So if mine are from wild I should lower the ph and hardness more faster? Right now I am slowly bringing down the ph and hardness by water change every three days. The ph is 7.4 and kh is 4 right now. temp is 78F

Tom C

5 Year Member
Definitely different from what was originally sold as 'Redneck' (Rotrücken in German) - which is a wild population.

The fishes I collected in the Rio Pauta drainage, Colombia, less than 2 months ago, seem to fit quite well the original "Red-Shoulder"-fishes, except for the red in the caudal...

A. sp. "D33":

resizeimage.aspx

A. sp. "D34":

resizeimage.aspx

Seems to have got Measles :D :

resizeimage.aspx

Collected in pH 5,4, on the 30th of January, 2017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….