• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nannostomus marginatus

fart

5 Year Member
New tank mates for my apistogramma, Nannostomus marginatus

Part of the group
nannomgruppe_zps62a1db17.jpg

amazing details on the Nannostomus marginatus
nanom2_zpsdf1ee97c.jpg

nannom3_zpsc6484df9.jpg

nanm1_zpsfc8731ec.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Great shots, Rolf! Thanks for sharing. How're they taking to their new digs?

fart

5 Year Member
Thank you Josh, So far it look like they are doing well in their new home. Nannostomus marginatus are one of the more lively Nannostomus i have so far, a joy to see in the aquarium. :)

fart

5 Year Member
I have wanted Nannostomus rubrocaudatus a long time but they are very expencive here, over 21 usd for one fish.

gerald

5 Year Member
A lot of variation among those populations ... I wonder how many "cryptic species" are hidden in there and how many different species names we'll end up with if the DNA-decoders get to work on them? I have six that look like your "Peru gold" margi's -- narrow black stripe with wider tan stripes, and red on fins only - no red on body. Got them from Batfish Aquatics in Maryland, USA. The ones in your first post with wider black stripe and narrow gold stripe are especially interesting; I've never seen that form.

fart

5 Year Member
The ones in your my first post, all information i got about them is that they are wild caught,
they are the Nannostomus i got that shoals best, compared to the "Peru gold" variation that are all over the thank until they get scared, then they wil gather for a few minutes before they are all over the thank again.

fart

5 Year Member
Thank you sorriva99 :)

Here is a little update on the Nannostomus marginatus fry. The biggest ones are now big enough to swim with their parents but still small enough to be eaten by the biggest of the Apistogramma trifasciata in the thank, so they only shoals with their parrents for a short while at the time before dissapering in the floating plants again.
nmf1_zpsc740d251.jpg

nmf4_zps67dc193a.jpg

nmf3_zps79ec3b89.jpg

nmf2_zps200fbe1c.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….