• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Difference between A. baesnchi Ink50 and Inka1

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Hi all...Ive been offered some A. baenschi Ink 1 but am not sure how they differ from Ink 50....can anyone shed some light on the differences for me.

Regards
Mike

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
They should both be A. baenschi. "Inca" or "Inka 500" was the name that A. baenschi was originally sold under.

cheers Darrel

ADC Nederland

There is a big difference between the wildcaught color Baenschi and the Baenschi Inka. They are both Apistogramma Baenschi but different color variations. Just like Cacatuoides (Double Red) and all the other variations.

I will try and make a few photos of the female Baenschi (Inka) and show the differences in the females as well.

Apistogramma Baenschi (Wildcaught) - MALE
231.jpg

Apistogramma Baenschi (Inka) - MALE

331.jpg

ADC Nederland

You guys didn't look at the photos I posted?

You can clearly see that the Inka has an orange stripe across its tail fin, also, the males are much lighter in color in the body. I can clearly see differences.

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Thanks guys....I've kept and bred the inka50 before...apistogramma are hard to find in Australia....I'll ge the inka1 and see what they look like.

merlin

5 Year Member
Baenschi inka and inka 50 are the commercial names for Apistogramma baenschi. Any differences are as descibed above. Plus any individual variation.

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Great news....so it's safe to assume that the A. baenschi 'Inka50' and A. baenschi 'Inka 1' are the same fish......just different commercial names

ADC Nederland

I think we can all agree that this is the Apistogramma Baenschi, but it's the Inka color variation.

Just like the Apistogramma Cacatuoides (Double Red) is still the Cacatuoides, only a different color variation. Same thing applies to the Apistogramma Baenschi (Inka), it's a different color variation that needs to be labeled because the wild caught Baenschi looks different.

Commercial name or not, you still wanna make sure you label it right, bred or wild, color variations need to be labeled.

DutchyIvo

I cannot help to ascertain you posted only (!) 4 images, 2 males and 2 females just to claim there's two varieties.

One doesn't need to have any knowledge at all of statistics to know that the shown differences could just as well be a result of individual coloration, thus not being a regularity. This has been mentioned before and you didn't come up with any - let alone a valid - reply to those serious comments.

I've seen an A. borellii going into a pond looking just like a normal one and coming out a few months later with bright orange finnage. And there's numerous species of ornamental fish kept outside in ponds during summertime, just to come out with intensified and sometimes unknown colors. Has that A. borellii become of another color variation in some mysterious way? Have those ornamental fish become of another color variety just by sitting in that pond? I doubt.

Yet you persevere... it's time for some serious arguments, not just a repetition of earlier made statements.

(or is it the fact that you're a breeder and seller of tank bred Apistogramma that it comes in handy to have "the" wild-forum of a certain species, where others just offer - according to you - a "color variation" ?)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….