• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. panduro/A. nijsseni hybrid fry

rr16

5 Year Member
So, my A. panduro female and A. nijsseni male recently bred (I was originally sold them as a pair of young A. panduro. At least one fry survived, but not sure if any more have and not sure how it will go on as it's being chased a lot by the female at the moment as I got her a nice male A. panduro and she's paired again and brought wrigglers out today. Here are a few photos of the approx 1cm long young for anyone who's interested to see what they look like.

Attachments

• DSC_0366.jpg
    DSC_0366.jpg
    922.4 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC_0367.jpg
    DSC_0367.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC_0368.jpg
    DSC_0368.jpg
    924.2 KB · Views: 352
  • DSC_0327.jpg
    DSC_0327.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_0319.jpg
    DSC_0319.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC_0318.jpg
    DSC_0318.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC_0328.jpg
    DSC_0328.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC_0329.jpg
    DSC_0329.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 392

chris1805

5 Year Member
Isn't it an option to put it in your community tank where you also placed your nijsseni male? guess it has more chance of survival there than here right?

rr16

5 Year Member
It is an option but catching it will be nearly impossible! It should be fine in here as long as it moves to the other end of the tank or stays under the leaf litter. The A. panduro tend to have the left two thirds of the the tank as their territory.

merlin

5 Year Member
The pictures are not the best but I have never seen my panduro like like that. The heavy barring does not look like my panduro.

rr16

5 Year Member
The pictures are not the best but I have never seen my panduro like like that. The heavy barring does not look like my panduro.
These are photos of the hybrid offspring between a male A. nijsseni and a female A. panduro. It is young and approximately only 1cm long. The father has quite prominent dark barring depending upon his mood but then he is not an A. panduro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….