• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp "Breitbinden"

sonaj1930

5 Year Member
Below are a few photos of my lonely male Apistogramma sp. "Breitbinden". He is the "horniest" Apistogramma (and one of the most expensive) I ever had. He is chasing all the other males away when one of the females lay her eggs and tryes to fertilize them. I really feel very sorry for him. He badly needs a female. Whether he meets her "partner" in my tank or in yours it doesn't matter to me.
IMGP2994.jpg

IMGP2998.jpg

IMGP3001.jpg

IMGP3006.jpg

IMGP3007.jpg

IMGP3008.jpg

IMGP2988.jpg

FIL

5 Year Member
Very nice !
But there is possible that this is a Apistogramma megaptera (sp. kurzlappen-breitbinden) A166 and not a sp. breitbinden because the three first spin dorsal are higher, dark marks on the body are different and the center of the dorsal fin stops in the middle of her length.

To be confirmed.

Gwendal

Nice male, goof luck!
A lot of times, we don´t have to see the money we spend in fish....

1 saludo

sonaj1930

5 Year Member
I have missed reading this post of mine for some times.
I was lucky to receive two females posted to me free from Brisbane. His name is JEFF. A wonderful person.
Unfortunately both of them died followed by my male.
Sad, but it is nice to know that people like JEFF exists.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….