• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID : tucurui? rubrolineta? else ?

denilson59

5 Year Member
Hello,
sold for ap. tucurui 8(
thanks for helping

PS : sorry pictures from my cam

PIC_0657.JPG
PIC_0665.JPG
PIC_0675.JPG
PIC_0677.JPG
PIC_0681.JPG

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Much better photos for ID. It could be A. tucurui, but I've never seen such one with a lot of dark patterns on the head. The abdominal rows of spots are wider than on a typical tucurui, too. I'd also expect to see more distinct rows of spots above the lateral band. They just don't look like wild tucurui. Maybe they're domestic and some of the typical pattern has been bred out of them. I'd suggest giving them a week or two in a good tank and then comparing them with photos of tucurui, or sending more photos.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Start counting dorsal spines!:) Apistogramma inconspicua has only 15 instead of the normal (for apistos) 16 dorsal fin spines. It is somewhat deeper bodied than A. commbrae and lacks this species' generally visible abdominal stripes. The lateral band also runs higher on the flanks and ends on Bar 6, in front of the caudal patch.

MAL.

Thank you, Mike!
I 'm happy to talk with you!
I said A.inconspicua because of the following:
  1. I was thinking A.inconspicua's lateral band runs more mid-position than A.commbrae.
  2. The face looks like A.inconspicua or caeti-complex.
For my understanding, A.commbrae and A.inconspicua have 15 dorsal hard spines.
it looks at least 16 spines for my eyes.. (I'm not familiar to counting that)
and the caudal spot is not typical for this group fishes as you said.
Now I cannot say this one A.inconspicua or A.commbrae..
How can we call this one "Ap.sp." ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankephex

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….