• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Krib fry

Brown Water

I got a pair of hybrid kribs from a lfs and threw them in a 40 breeder with some plants and let them go. That's what the original plan was, and still is for the time being. Suppose to have albino in them and wanted to see what the offspring would look like. About 17 hours and 52 minutes after putting them in their tank, they had spawned. Now what I wanted was there to be enough plants to make enough hiding spots for the juveniles when the adults spawned again, and pull out small fish every 6-12 months and sell em off or whatever. Well the two adults spawned again, BUT today I can't find any fry from their latest spawn that I saw yesterday. Would the adults eat the spawn because of the juvies in the tank? The juives don't seem to go near the adults or their spawning area. I don't want to and can't pull the juvies (1-1.5 months old and 1/2-3/4") because I don't have room for them at the moment and this was more of a experiment to see if it could be done with a wild species of pelvicachromis. The question of do I have to pull juveniles has turned into more of a rant/informational speech of useless proportions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….