• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Toronto, Canada

Hitch

5 Year Member
Hi all,

Recently got back into Apistos. In the past I have worked with A. hongsloi and macmasteri species.

Just got myself 2 nice pairs of true wild Apistogramma viejita and some Apistogramma sp. abacaxis juvis. They are currently bring dripped as I type this. Will post pics of them when I get them acclimated and the colouration returns.

Thanks

JG

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. Where did you pick up your fish? I hear Menagerie brings in some interesting dwarf cichlids.

Hitch

5 Year Member
ya he changed his facility last year so he had to slowly rebuild his fish room. The list that we see is only a fraction of what he actually brings in, most of the rare species we dont ever get to see because he sells directly to Asia. Command a much higher price than he can ask here.

JG

5 Year Member
Do you mean his recent listings? I recall seeing fish about 10 years ago on his list that were quite pricey but also apparently quite rare.

Hitch

5 Year Member
In last couple of years, I remember talking to him about 2 years ago and we were talking about rare Corys. He mentioned that he gets them in but doesnt put them on the Canadian list since they are 300-400+ per fish.

JG

5 Year Member
In last couple of years, I remember talking to him about 2 years ago and we were talking about rare Corys. He mentioned that he gets them in but doesnt put them on the Canadian list since they are 300-400+ per fish.
At those prices per Cory I hope the purchaser is breeding them to establish a sizeable group. :)

Hitch

5 Year Member
Not sure who bought them, but I highly doubt anyone in Canada ended up buying them, chances are they are they went to Asia.

The abacaxis were about $25 each, I took the remaining of Oliver's stock, but Im sure more will come in the future.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankephex

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….