• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. America Flame Red Apisto Pair Wanted

RyanJMaurer

Hi I have set up a 29g planted tank, I have added a couple of coconut caves and everything looks great with the exception being I cannot find the fish I want to add to the tank anywhere. I live in Atlanta and have been contacting local stores and looking online but I still cannot find a pair of Flame Red Apistogrammas.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it,

Ryan

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Looks very similar. The amount of red/red orange in the body can vary a lot fish to fish, strain to strain, and mood to mood. The ones I have for sale are a lot more red/red orange in the body then the one you linked too but they get the same darker red back.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Email ([email protected]) with your zip code and I can get you a shipping quote for a pair. The fish themselves are $50/pr

I would just go with one pair in a 30" tank unless you have experience managing aggression with dwarf cihlids (decorating for territories, breaking up line of sight, etc.)

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Easy to breed fish. I got a spawn from the ones Jeff (AquaticClarity) sent me last Monday already.

DZil

Thanks Chris, so they are all from Czech republic?
Do you have any for sale?

DZil

Just ordered some from Ed at Bluegrass, will see what I get, will keep you posted

Cichlid Junkie

5 Year Member
I'm not sure if you know or not, but Atlanta has a freshwater club called the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association. We just had our Spring auction yesterday and there were plenty of Apistos...even a pair or two if what you are looking for. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.

As a side note, Mike Wise will be speaking about Apistos on May 3rd. I cant wait for that!​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….