• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Of Possible Interest to West African Aquatic Fauna Fans

Ekona

5 Year Member
Stumbled upon this YouTube Channel and enjoyed it. Thought I would pass it along, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. Lots of habitat, dwarf cichlids and associated fauna.
http://www.youtube.com/user/keijmans1?feature=watch

Inspired by the photos of killifish in the video below - I thought I would post these pics of one of my breeder pairs of Chromaphyosemion ecucuense - this species is native to Northwestern Equatorial Guinea within the middle & upper Rio Ecucu drainage. Closely related to C. malumbresi, C. punctulatum, C. melanogaster, C. kouamense and C. erythron.

q6nz.jpg

7yx1.jpg

Last edited:

Ekona

5 Year Member
Very good movie and wonderful Cromaphyosemion. Do you have these fish ?
I agree with you on the movie - yields a lot of information for those wishing to create West African biotope aquarium set-ups.
Yes, I have this fish - that is one of my breeder males.

dwarfpike

5 Year Member
Thanks for that video!! I wish they put the species names up though. Still, great views of the biotopes, lots of ideas gleaned there.

JG

5 Year Member
Nice video and interesting looking expedition. Nice music, however, it's from Ghana as they are singing Hi-Life in the Twi language.

Pisces 56

O.
M.
G.

The fish in the photos don't look real they're so gorgeous. I can't believe it. I love my Puggies and cats to death but they don't give me the beauty [my] fish do.

There are too many fish and not enough outlets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….