• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Colorful Species/Subspecies

Levin Tilghman

5 Year Member
Which species and subspecies are the most colorful? I'm referring to natural occuring rather than color mutations.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Almost all the wild agassizi color 'types' I have gotten have had a lot of nice color, especially in good light.
Panduros are nice too IMO.
*EDIT*
How could I forget the A. bitaeniata 'rio tigre' ?!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
My favorites for coloring and just spectacular colors in general are agassizi

Champ_17

5 Year Member
for me my wild Bitaeniata shishita is very nicest compare to my other apistogramma.
IMG_6172 (Small).JPG

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I still can't believe how back in 1968/1969 that I paid no more than $0.25 each for A. bitaeniata in 25 lots wholesale.
Things have sure changed. I had difficulty selling them at $0.79 each retail back then.

A. agassizi are probably my favorite species. Especially the blue varieties.
The wild fish, that is.
A. cf agassizi Tefe' is perhaps my true favorite but they are harder to find and are expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….