• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Panduro

Brown Water

Couple quick questions,
Lfc took a trip to a wholesaler today with free run of the building. Quick google search came up with panduro and pandini are one in the same? Is this true?

I unfortunately had to make a relivtivly hasty decision and pick up some extra pandini females on the bases of a the google search coming up as they where one in the same.

Also I have had my panduro's spawn 3 times since December and every time they have eaten the spawn? Any ideas?

raymond82

panduro is indeed the same as pandurini, here you can find a very nice list from Mike Wise with the names of all the species plus the other names used for them:
http://apisto.sites.no/page.aspx?PageId=118

I can't say for sure why your panduro's ate the spawns but if the water conditions are not right (KH too high) the eggs won't develop properly and that could be the cause. It's also sometimes a matter of experience I think, my T. candidi's for instance took 4 or 5 spawns before they managed to raise them to free swimming.

Brown Water

SUCCESS!!!! Free swiming fry today! must have been the female, I changed her out 2 weeks ago after she was still eating spawns. got sick of waiting i guess. had em since dec and no wigglers and or fry from the old female something wasn't right imo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….