• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto riparium

cichlidmac

Nice! I'm working on a riparium also.
uploadfromtaptalk1365226026652.jpg

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

lurch1000

Stunning. I'm very tempted to do a riparium with my 2'. I guess the advantage is converting a tank to a riparium is pretty straight forward. My 4' isn't a riparium, big my Alternanthera reineckii seems to think it is! :)

cichlidmac

Stunning. I'm very tempted to do a riparium with my 2'. I guess the advantage is converting a tank to a riparium is pretty straight forward. My 4' isn't a riparium, big my Alternanthera reineckii seems to think it is! :)
Contact Devin, at riparium supply he's a great guy and very helpful.

prototop

5 Year Member
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you getting permission then lurch;)

I think at least one of the juveniles is a male. It's starting to develope some colour. Hopefully he will be able to take over when his father is gone.
159.jpg

178.jpg

lurch1000

She's still getting round me getting another tank in the house! Sold my shrimp cube, and when it was collected, a 2' appeared :)

I've now filled it, got one spectacular bloom in there 13h after filling it - but the filter hasn't arrived yet. Shall wait for it to have been here for a bit before doing too much to it I think.

prototop

5 Year Member
Started this tank as an ordinary one and toke it step by step from there. So yes, no point in rushing.

prototop

5 Year Member
One of the 4 month old females dug a pit and brought out wigglers.

056.jpg

She takes on territorial females, at double her size, with no hesitation.

cichlidmac

Sorry guys I thought this was my riparium thread. I use tapatalk and it lists threads I've participated in. Our titles are the same so I didn't realize it was prototop's.

Can a mod move my pic to my thread? I want to keep proto's thread clean

prototop

5 Year Member
A link to cichlidmacs thread, so any newcomers can easily find it and see more:)

Turns out that I have two young males.
The one with orange fins and no black checkering...
028.jpg

071.jpg

... and one with checkering.
4monthjuvimalecaca.jpg

126.jpg

Wish I had a bigger tank, so that I could see how the males would act when negotiating boundries and showing off to eachother. It has been alot of fun seeing the females do that.
022cropped.jpg

The males are still small enough that they can get out of eachothers way, so I'll let them grow a bit more. And then see if one of the LFS would be interested in a pair or a trio.

prototop

5 Year Member
Thank you madmike.

The day after I posted the last set of pictures, the orange male paired up with a young female and divided the tank between them and the old male. Things have mostly calmed down again, except for when the female takes a break from tending to her wigglers, and comes out to instigate trouble. I was hoping the old male would pass away from old age before things got to this point, so I may have to interveen sooner then I thought. But for now he's back on top.

009.jpg

1782.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….