• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Borelli from natural biotope, Argentine - Corrientes

miguelozer

5 Year Member
Hi friends!!I leave my photos of borelli that collects in Corrientes-Argetine, there were so many that each pass with the network we get 6-9, all with very good colors, I went with my brother, is a hobby that we love.
WP_000489.jpgWP_000490.jpgWP_000492.jpgWP_000500.jpgWP_000501.jpgWP_000502.jpgWP_000503.jpgWP_000504.jpg
WP_000489.jpg
WP_000490.jpg
WP_000492.jpg
WP_000500.jpg
WP_000501.jpg
WP_000502.jpg
WP_000503.jpg
WP_000504.jpg
WP_000509.jpg
WP_000513.jpg
WP_000514.jpg
WP_000515.jpg
WP_000516.jpg
WP_000517.jpg
WP_000518.jpg

miguelozer

5 Year Member
thanks!!!
I could not measure temperature, but were cold days earlier with minimum 12º
The water was cool that day, more or less 18°
in the air 22º
ph if measured 6.5

gerald

5 Year Member
How cold does the water get in winter in the places where you find A. borelli?
Do you think they stay in the grassy shallow areas in winter, or do they move into a larger deeper stream?
Are there other species of cichlids there?

miguelozer

5 Year Member
not that cold got to do in winter.
when is colder I will search
and I'll take the temperature, where I found had a height of between 15cm to 60cm water
Laetacara dorsigera (burgundy belly), I found elsewhere with Apistogramma Commbrae, Bujurquina Vittata, G. balzanii.
But also shares habitat with Apistogramma Trifaciasta, Cichlasoma dimerus, Australoheros facetus, Crenicichla lepidota, Crenicichla vittata, Gymnogeophagus meridionalis

miguelozer

5 Year Member
thank you very much for your words, this weekend we plan it with my brother for some Apistogramma trifaciasta, I will take a camera again and I'll take the water temperature
and if I can will do another post

miguelozer

5 Year Member
wow some of those apisto have a really nice blue color to them! seem to have lots of really nice snails also.
if you have very pretty colors males and snails were very many, also had, rivulus puntactus, and fewer hoplias malabaricus, Aphyocharax paraguayensis, Gymnocorymbus ternetzi, Aphyocharax anisitsi, Callichthys Callischthys

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I'll have to pull my tank already
It is only a potential problem with very small fry. I've grown it a couple of times, but it always dwindles away in the summer. I've still got U. gibba, which isn't to every-ones taste, but it is more tolerant of warm conditions and often flowers.

This is U. gibba
utricularia_gibba_bladder.jpg

utricularia_gibba_flower.jpg

and you can see U. "vulgaris" in this old photo of a male "Blue-steel".
apistogramma_clear_view_pfk.jpg

cheers Darrel

raymond82

Great to see these pics!! Always nice to see the habitats of Apisto's and this one is so much different from the typical habitats in the jungle. Good to know that they can handle such cold water, if I ever get trouble paying for heating my tanks I can always start keeping borelli's!

And A. nigripinnis, one of my favorite killies! We're actually keeping and breeding this species from a couple of different locations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….