• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New fish incoming

cichlidmac

If it is A. sp. Napo 3, then it's an undescribed species. If it's A. cinilarbra, then it's scientifically described. I can't say anything about which species it truly is without seeing the vertical bars on the flanks. These usually only appear on stressed/frightened fish.

Get a pair and then tell me :p

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

animalmgc

5 Year Member
I have the same fish and also a pair of A.Cinilabra minus a female now.On the male I could say that possible Cinilabra lookin but the coloration is a lil lighter but the female IMO looks completly different hopefully I'll get some pics of the female and I know I have some pics of my Cinilabra female somewhere. Oh by the way I am in need of a Cinilabra female if anyone happens to have a extra

cichlidmac

It's probably to young to tell but it doesn't look quite like the Napo 3. I don't think it looks like a cinilabra either.

cichlidmac

Alright Mike here are some updated pics, what do you think?
uploadfromtaptalk1364442356946.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364442374638.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364442406409.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Not very good photos; all are out of focus. The pectoral fins look yellow; are they yellow? If so, then I would say that this is a population of A. sp. Nanay (Melgar).

cichlidmac

Not very good photos; all are out of focus. The pectoral fins look yellow; are they yellow? If so, then I would say that this is a population of A. sp. Nanay (Melgar).
Yeah sorry phone camera isn't that great with moving objects. Yes they do have some yellow and the dorsal has a slight blue and pink hue to it.
Dave said he thought they were part of the high bodied Peruvian fish like "melgar".

I just want to understand the fish better so I can breed them successfully.

Hako

5 Year Member
Cichlidmac, where did you get the coral red pencilfish?

Thanks,
H

cichlidmac

Cichlidmac, where did you get the coral red pencilfish?

Thanks,
H
Jason, from aquatic daycare in Salem Oregon. Here's a vid of the males going at it, beautiful fish and have made a huge difference with my f1 apistos. They aren't nearly as shy since adding the pencils.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….