• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tilapia deckerti (former "Little Black")

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
I finally got my first spawn of Tilapia deckerti (former sp Little Black from Lake Ejagham) from fish given to me by forum member and Dutch hobbyist Joop Clement. I pulled a group of free swimmers not one second too early, because the parents were fighting a losing battle against their tank mates in the 125G. I hope to pass some on to other hobbyists this fall before it gets too cold for shipping.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Here you go. The pictures of the parents don't do the species justice but are the best I could do last night. Male on top, female at bottom. I didn't touch the pictures up. Particularly the female the females shows intense vertical stripes in the tank.

Tilapia deckerti male.jpg

Tilapia deckerti female.jpg

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
For those of you who want to give this species a try -- I just put for sale up a group of no more than 6 fish on aquabid. The other six juvies that I have are already spoken for by a good friend of mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….