• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma bitaeniata 'Río Tigre'

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Apistogramma bitaeniata 'Rio Tigre'

F1 generation of Apistogramma bitaeniata 'RÃ*o Tigre'. I now have four females and one male. Cross your fingers, they're doing the "dirty dance".

ApistogrammabitaeniataRoTigre012.jpg

ApistogrammabitaeniataRoTigre003.jpg

ApistogrammabitaeniataRoTigre004.jpg

ApistogrammabitaeniataRoTigre006.jpg

ApistogrammabitaeniataRoTigre002.jpg

Northman

Please reveal yourself mystery fish seller, I would love to buy from you. I would take very good care of them. I have a perfect tank setup that has been running for months just waiting for the right bitaeniata. PM me and if you want to remain anonymous I will never divulge your name.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Brian got these when I was in Kansas City for a talk. I donated some trios to the club auction. I brought the original parents back from Peru in 2008. I consider them the most beautiful population of A. bitaeniata presently known. They are also the most westerly known population of the species. Right now I have 2 different breeding tanks with trios plus a few juveniles of different spawns in grow-out tanks. I rarely sell my fish. Usually I trade for fish - and you would be surprised what I would consider! I also try not to sell unsexable fish, so I probably won't have anything available until spring.

Northman

Hi Mike, thanks for your response. I agree, they are the most beautiful I have seen. I've been dreaming about/waiting for the perfect bitaeniata for 2 years now. Didn't want to get them until I got my feet wet with easier Apistogramma. (Yes, I'm very patient.) I really dont have anything to trade when it come to fish. I have 1 community tank with typical community fish and one tank reserved for A. bitaeniata. Right now A. Borellii are housed in it, if you wanted them they are yours. I got them from Atlantis Trop. I know you said you rarely sell fish but if you would consider it with me I would be very grateful. I wouldn't want to buy unsexed fish so getting them in the Spring would be fine. As I said I'm very patient and want this set up to be perfect, I dont mind waiting longer.

Please let me know how you feel about it.

Thanks,
Ben

beachcichlid

5 Year Member
I like how your project is starting off! That is a great looking fish. Can't wait to see what you got going on in the other tanks. I'm glad you have a good camera; the close-ups really show the color of the fish.

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Must be that time of year. Seems like my apistos only breed in December.

[video=youtube;tYkeA71Z3CM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYkeA71Z3CM[/video]

Probably 40 or so fry. Much larger spawn than some of the other apisto's I've kept.

Joe

Awesome fish! One of the nicest bitaeniata colour morphs on the net that I've seen :)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
My avatar shows a male I brought back from Peru in 2008. Sadly, it isn't commonly available through commercial sources. I like it because it is not only colorful but less demanding with regard to breeding conditions than other populations. It is one of the species I regularly breed so that I have something to take along and donate when I give talks to fish clubs. They always seem to be very popular.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….