• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally... they're swimming (I. adoketa)

RAF

5 Year Member
After a few spawns with no success, finally I've have a bunch of adoketa fry swimming around. I don't know what's other people experience with these species, but the only way I got the eggs not to fungus was wit a pH under 5.

adoketa_breed1.jpg

adoketa_breed2.jpg

adoketa_breed3.jpg

adoketa_breed4.jpg

As you can notest, the water is very, very brownish...

Cheers

Aquatopia

sweet! I'm working on hatching some myself! They layed once so far and the eggs lasted atleast a few days but I can't say what happened after that. good luck with the fry- my waters the same color!

Tom C

5 Year Member
That is a picture to fall in love with! Very nice, Ricardo :)

This one of mine in a quite pink appearance:

resizeimage.aspx

Adoketa

5 Year Member
There's an interesting thing i noticed, the pair is more highbodied than any adoketa I've seen. it seems to be closer in shape to I. bimaculatus but that's just me being hopeful. :)
Congratulations on the spawn! getting viable spawn from adoketa is a real bother.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….