• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Suggestions on diet for South American Community tank?

Lucky7777

Current stock in the tank is some Apisto's, Bolivian rams, cardinals, serpae teras and panda cory's.

I'm currently feeding Nutrafin Max flakes, Hikari sinking wafers and a variation on the European shrimp mix I made. The home made food seems fine and they all love it; however the flake food and sinking wafers seems to make the tank extra cloudy.

Is there a better flake that will not cloud as much or am I potentially overfeeding. I'm just finding it hard to get food down to the rams and apistos because the serpae's and cardinals eat it before it gets there. The rams end up eating the sinking tablets ment for the Cory's.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
If you are making a home-made paste food recipe, I suggest trying the Repashy Superfood gel foods. Easier to mix and they last a long time in the water. All of the fish you mentioned will eat it. The Shrimp Souffle or Meat Pie would be appropriate: www.tedsfishrom.com/repashy

Lucky7777

Once in the morning with the flake food and sinking pellets and once at night. I think it might also be that it's heavily planted and food is getting caught up in the plants.

20120304_143920.jpg

CopabX

tjudy,
About how much would 3 small apistos eat of the Repashy meat pie? Will they eat the entire 2oz package within the 6 month expiration? I am thinking about getting some...

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I would recommend the 'Community Plus' instead of the 'Meat Pie'. Some of my fish tend to dislike the 'Meat Pie' but 'Community Plus' is widely accepted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….