• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis humilis Fandia WF

ste12000

5 Year Member
Steve, photos would be better if I haven't got Cyanobacteria plague in this tank(and all other tanks...). :/ I'm glad that my pair is really peaceful(my friend has problems with them, but he has smaller tank than me).
Parents are switching with parenting duty and chasing away killies. This is awesome view, even with a little number of fry. :) Too bad that I have this tank at floor level and I have to lie down to observe them. :)

Ted, I'm praying for less than 100 fries. I don't have enough tanks to raise so much fishes. ;) And probably I wouldn't sold(or given to somebody) even the half of this number. :/

The algae does not bother me, i have a outdoor fishroom with a partially clear roof, this allows all the upper tanks to develop algae to a certain extent, it bothers the fishkeepers more than the fish!! although the Cyanobacteria can be a pain in the way it spreads and coats plants etc..

I dont like much action in my lower level tanks, i also have to lie down to view them, all to often i wake up in the middle of the night on a wet fishroom floor with a sore back!! the wifes long gone to bed and there is no one to wake me!! done that on numerous occasions when observing breeding ect in the lower tanks!!

Ruki

5 Year Member
Unfortunately male, out of the blue, has beaten badly the female. Although I reacted really fast(I was absent in home around 3 hours, at the morning everything was OK :O) and put her to other tank this night she's died... :|
It was shock for me, because male wasn't a bit aggressive till yesterday. It was first time....
Happily, he took the batch of 8 fry...

Chromaphyosemions are really bad as target fishes- they stay all time in plants and male doesn't see them. As somebody says, humilis really need big targets.... And bigger tank...
So, I have to sell male, I won't hazard with buying second female.... I don't have a permission for 120x40x40 tank... :/

Ruki

5 Year Member
8 young fishes are nearly sexable, now they have 4-4.5 cm. :) Male is 12.5 cm long. :O After winning with some "disturbances"(I'm starting fight with Ichtiophonus....) I'll buy tank 120x50(bottom)x40(I've won a war with my parents :D It was nice warming up for future and having wife :D ) only for pair of P. humilis and some bigger target fishes. In 80x40 I'm planning to have some "nicer" and smaller kribs, maybe P. roloffi. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….