• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New guy from S.Africa

Jedigenie

Hi all,

my name's Eugene and I hail from Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

First up, great forum. I've been a "ghost member" here for some time now and thought it time to also become a contributor. I really enjoy reading the GBR vs. BR debate threads and for the record my opinion lies in favour of Bolivians :)

My setups:
1000l community
125l N.Brevis breeder
100l Bolivian Ram breeder
35l Betta Splendens
Various fry tanks, isolation tanks, water prep tanks etc.

As far as apistos go I only have 2 A. Steel Blue in my 1000l community but I am looking at various options for setups going forward. Love the look of Viejitas and Panduros and have had a local supplier look into sourcing some for me. Apistos are rediculously hard to obtain in SA.

I look forward to increasing my knowledge here and sharing my hobby experience from the sunny tip of Africa :cool:

Jedigenie

Thanks for the warm welcome folks :)

The search continues for Apistos but no luck so far. Had a local supplier say he might be able to source some Borelli, Macmasteri and Agassizzi but will only have more info closer to the end of the month.

So the search goes on and looks like the more uncommon varieties are out of reach of the local guys. Holding thumbs :D

killiguy

Welcome
I love A.panduro and find it quite hardy.The males are stunning
IMG_2865.jpg

A young viejita (macmasteri of course)even more hardy--- even bullet proof!!
IMG_2698.jpg

Skye01

Hi Eugene,

Good to see another South African and TASA member over here. Looking forward to hearing more about your aquisitions.

Chat soon
Kim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….