• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few random pics from the fishroom..

ste12000

5 Year Member
Im still playing around with the new camera and trying for some decent shots.. Heres a few random pics i took yesterday from various tanks.

Male Apistogramma sp 'Abacaxis'
DSCF8899.jpg

Male Apistogramma cacatuoides 'orange'
DSCF9327.jpg

Male Apistogramma sp 'Veilfleck'
DSCF9386.jpg

Female Apistogramma sp 'Broadband' with fry.
DSCF9411.jpg

Taeniacara candidi youngsters.
DSCF9192-1.jpg

Juvenile F1 Apistogramma eunotus.
DSCF9434.jpg

Juvenile F1 Apistogramma hongsloi
DSCF9472.jpg

Juvenile F1 Apistogramma norberti.
DSCF9440.jpg

Juvenile F1 Apistogramma iniridae.
DSCF9465.jpg

Blue Angelfish.
DSCF9317.jpg

henkh

5 Year Member
Nice pics Ste. Of course i took a look at your ebay store. Saw only plastic bags.... Hoped to see more of your Apisto's..

ste12000

5 Year Member
Thanks all.. More to follow, ive got some really nice breeding projects at the moment.

Nice pics Ste. Of course i took a look at your ebay store. Saw only plastic bags.... Hoped to see more of your Apisto's..

Check back on ebay after 10pm tonight!! ive just had a Peru order and was waiting to list the new fish, tonight will have plenty of fish available on my ebay shop..

ste12000

5 Year Member
nice pics do u use flash? Ur male 'Abacaxis' is stunning
really wish there was access to them in the U.S.

Yes i always use the flash, without the flash never takes a good clear shot.

The 'abacaxis' are only available in very limited numbers here in the UK, these are a wild import that made its way to the UK early in the year, apart from that import there are no new specimens except two pairs that have just been brought back from France by a hobbiest friend of mine.

Luckily my female has larvae in the cave and a good friend of mine has around 20-30 freeswimming fry.. Hopefully these fish will stay around for a while longer!!

ste12000

5 Year Member
What kind of sex ratio you get on the candidi?

Usually around 50/50 at various water parameters, ive never had a problem with skewed sex ratios with these fish in the 5 years ive been breeding them.. However this last batch is male heavy, not drastically so but there are definately more males than females this time round. That suits me because i have females left from the last spawns and have another 30 fry growing up in another tank.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I notice you got some cyano bacteria in the hongsloi tank growing on the sand. How do you get rid of that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….