• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pinstripe Apisto

dwarf cichlids in Az

5 Year Member
I just read the article in the JULY T F H and I am wondering is there anyone that is working with them or may have some. I am always looking for new Apitstos thanks for your help I also want to take Mike Wise for anwsering my nephew question about breeding rams a few months ago the spwan did well he was able to raise about half of them and for a 10 year old that has my interst in dwarf cichlids as well as the big what I call killer cichlids he is very into the hobby.He has 3 tanks now and takes care of them with almost no help from me or his folks.We go on weekly fish shopipng trips even though Tucson does not have but a couple of shops that have many dwarfs. We are going to Phoenix on Friday we should be able to find some Apistos there.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I haven't seen the article, but it sounds like they are A. sp. Nadelstreifen (German for Needle-stripes/Pin-stripes). As far as I know all of the fish in the hobby came from specimens collected by Julio Melgar, TomC and myself from our trip to Colombia in 2008. I may be wrong, but haven't heard of it being collected since. I have some F1s right now. I never considered them worth offering, being just another "ugly apisto" ;-), but then I tend to gravitate toward these forms. I've only bred them to keep a group going for myself, but if there is enough interest, I'll work on them. Right now I have a couple of 7? month old females and some 1 year old males - different parents from same locality - so I will need to wait a while for them to get breeding. I find this fish relatively easy to breed in standard Denver tap water.

Big G

5 Year Member
Any chance of a pic of them Mike? I know you are busy, but I'd really be interested to see these?

Regards
G!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….