• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistogramma cacatuoides in NC/SC

gotchocmilk39

Does anyone know of a breeder or LFS in NC or SC that carries these fish. There is a store in SC by the name of Reef Czar that has many different apistos but they dont carry cockatoos at the moment.

gotchocmilk39

I have heard to many bad things about him to buy from him. I know he has a good rep with alot of people but them there just are to many bad storys. I would just like to find a beeder/LFS so I can drive there to pick up the fish and not have to deal with "shipping".

indyplanted

these fish are usually available from wholesalers but they look pretty bad and almost never culled. I got a group from the cicny auction a few weeks ago and they are the best looking caca's I have personally seen. a local breeder would be ideal but you might have to wait longer. putting want adds up on local club pages are prbly your best bet. I am still surprised what people in my local club have sitting in some of their tanks that they have given up on or forgotten about!!! good luck. -Bradley

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I've probably known David longer than most on the forum. All I can say is that his fish are better than most. His service is very good - and he is willing to work out problems with people as long as they don't become overly anal. If you get his hackles up, God help you!:eek:

gotchocmilk39

Like I said, I know he has a good rep among tons of people but I have seen countless threads, on numerous forums saying, they had to pay him 3 and 4 times for shipping just to get some females instead of an all male batch. I dont have the money to spend $40.00 up to 4 times just to get a female from someone who is suppose to be an expert with these fish. These were not DOA he just sent all males ( customers reported fish were sexable aswell). I dont know the guy and I have never done business with him but I just cant risk my money like that.

Hmoobthor

Like I said, I know he has a good rep among tons of people but I have seen countless threads, on numerous forums saying, they had to pay him 3 and 4 times for shipping just to get some females instead of an all male batch. I dont have the money to spend $40.00 up to 4 times just to get a female from someone who is suppose to be an expert with these fish. These were not DOA he just sent all males ( customers reported fish were sexable aswell). I dont know the guy and I have never done business with him but I just cant risk my money like that.

Sometimes you just gotta time a bit of risk to get your fish like I did.

my cac came all the way from Texas in 2 days.

MonteSS

Try Scott at The Fish Warehouse in Hickory NC. He probably has wild Cacs.

Also try Aquatic Clarity or Southern Apistos.

All reputable vendor.

Add another positive for Dave from me. I was satisfied.

...Bill

DJ_JD

5 Year Member
hey man

I have 1 pair with 1 extra females, im located in Gastonia NC if you want to drive up here or down here from where you are you can take the pair.

email me or pm me.

Juan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….