• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aqua Soil

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sorry I don't have time to trawl Ebay for you but I got mine from a store called Aquatic Magic and it cost about £50 with postage. Disposable units use up the small canisters pretty quickly on anything but tiny tanks so I'd go with the fire extinguisher route. There's info on it on the UKAPS site, http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266
The warning at the start is just for legal reasons, don't be put off by it.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks Ed
Should I go with a T5 with 2 lights or 4 lights?

I ran my 180l tank with just two T5s with good, gull-wing reflectors and grew glosso and HC with that in a nice carpet so I wouldn't have more than two. Did you manage to sort the CO2 out. Sorry I couldn't help more but very busy at the moment (shouldn't really be on here at all!!!! :biggrin:).

Csr

Hey man
How's it going?
Yea I went with the JBL CO2 setup.
I will be getting a 2k refillable cylinder sometime next month.
The light fixture that I seen was a Hagen Glo T5 2x24, I believe.
Not to sure but still looking around.

The guy at the LFS said that I should go with a 4x24. But I thought that was a little over kill.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Start with two, it should be plenty but get some good reflectors. You don't need 4 T5 tubes to grow plants unless the tank is more than half a metre deep!

Good luck!

Csr

Thanks Ed
I actually went with an ADA Solar I since I have most of the other stuff from them.
I was wondering if the ADA rocks are okay for Apistos?

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks Ed
I actually went with an ADA Solar I since I have most of the other stuff from them.
I was wondering if the ADA rocks are okay for Apistos?

Depends on the type of rock. Test them with strong acid and if it fizzes don't use them as they will raise the pH.

Csr

Ed, I sent you a message on UKAPS.

Have some other questions. I'll await your response.

Doing some major planning for 2 tanks, your advice and Darrel will come in handy over there.
Thanks again for all your help everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apistokeeper

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….