• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some fishy pics

bettamuse

5 Year Member
Here is some shot of fish in my breeding room,

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3278-1.jpg

IMG_3182-1.jpg

Female A trifasciata guarding fry
IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_2302-1.jpg

cheers
T

bettamuse

5 Year Member
Briz the male above the anamola came in as A alacrina.

eageraquarist, The little filamentosus is still young so he should only get better. I haven't had these either of the Dicrossus spawn yet.

cheers
T

bettamuse

5 Year Member
Thanks all, the more I watch my Apistos the more I am taken with them.
Mike, Thanks for clearing up the rotpunkt.
I was looking at rotpunkt and alacrina on the net but a lot of the pics are the same for the two species.
I think he's still is a stunner under any name and very happy to have him in my collection.
Here is the girl that came with him.
IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

T

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sadly, many dealers, breeders, and authors - but not the author who introduced both forms (Dr. S. O. Kullander) - jumped in to claim that A. sp. Rotpunkt and A. alacrina are the same. The two forms have several minor differences, plus a different range. Because of this, I still call the Rotpunkt Apisto "A. sp. Rotpunkt". On the other hand, one could do like the DATZ book did: use "A. cf. alacrina" for A. sp. Rotpunkt . Either would be correct, but definitely not "A. alacrina".

bettamuse

5 Year Member
These are the my Pelvicachromis roloffi.
Sorry for the soft light pics but these guys still have not settled down and hide when ever you look into the tank.
IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rileylouie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….