• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pleace help with Identification

Tom C

5 Year Member
I agree with "bourdinite":

-The body is deep.
-The dorsal fin of the male is high, with pointed but not very elongated spine membranes.
-The caudal fin is orange, and has one pointed tip (D5).
-The operculum (gill cover) has an area with blue iridescent color.
-The male has an orange/red colored area at the insertion of the pectoral fins.
-The Bar 6 is split.

All this point to Apistogramma cf. eunotus.

Frytus

5 Year Member
So it's done.I'm glad to know what ap. have in my aqua :)
thank so much :). Knowledge is power :).
As in picture , fish is so beautiful :)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The last photo shows a split in the lower half of the 6th vertical bar. This is very diagnostic of eunotus-subcomplex species. I agree with with Lukasz and Tom - A. cf. eunotus (Orangeschwanz/Orange-tail).

The photo is an excellent picture of this fish. If it is OK with you, I want to convert it to a black and white line-drawing for a presentation that I am making.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….