• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some ID's

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Hi all
One of the LFS here is going to import some apistos but some of them I havent heard of before:

Apisto baenschi "diamond"
Apistogramma purple
Apistogramma painted face

Does anyone know anything about these types?

Mike

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Apistogramma painted face: Apistogramma sp. Masken (also known as Apistogramma sp. Apache), A52 in Datz

Apistogramma purple: Apistogramma sp. Pebas (also known as Apistogramma sp. Morado (Spanish word for purple = Morado)), A89 in Datz

Apistogramma baenschi diamond: this is a mixture of names >

Apistogramma baenschi (A188 in Datz and some times listed under the trade name Apistogramma sp. Inka)

and

Apistogramma eremnopyge (A218 in Datz) which is commonly found on the trade lists under the names Diamond, Fresa and Strawberry.

Andrew

gingerbeer

5 Year Member
Hi Mike,

You will have noticed that in the same order the Apsitogramma "Inka" are listed as well as the Apistogramma baenchi "diamond". This is not surprising. I have seen one of the lists they order from and they have multiple names for the same fish. I take it that as these are wild fish the fisherman attaches his name to it and on it goes through the system....

The "Masken" will be something from the Regani group - but I am betting on "Peru Regani".

In amongst the "wilhemi" that came in were a couple of contaminants. I got some ideas on what they are and am going to have another look this weekend - assuing they have noe been sold.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….