• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto eye injury!!

Lnb

5 Year Member
Apisto Viejita Rio Meta male. The eye has been swollen for about 2 weeks. At one point I thought it was getting better.

He disappeared and I thought I lost him until today. I netted him and he is in a separate container in the tank.

I don't know what to do for him. That plastic thing that looks like it's poking him is actually from a suction cup that is on the outside of the container.

p318527046-2.jpg

p233234367-2.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Whenever I've had fish go like that I think it's been some kind of internal infection and the fish has died despite trying various things like Melafix. I'm sorry I don't know what else to try other than antibiotics which you can't get where I am!

fishgeek

topic anti-inflammatory medications are going to be needed with all the stretch due to inflammation of that periorbital tissue

i have had one fish recover after twice daily medicating with combination steroid and antibiotic eye drops

this is perhaps not the most correct course of therapy it was just all i could see to do

if the exopthalmus is unilateral then you have more chance of a healthy fish, even if the stretch has permanently damaged this eye

how did this case end for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….