• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Peru Apistos

amazontropical

Staff member
5 Year Member
Got in a few new species of Apistos from Peru. These are all priced at $20.00 a pair or $30.00 per trio. We ship by USPS Express Mail to any US Location. Let me know if you want to see a pic of any of these fish.
Apisto. Bitaeniata Orange
Apisto. Bitaeniata
Apisto. Cruzi
Apisto. Pebas
Apisto. Juruensis
Apisto. Pucallupensis
Apist. Baenschi Inka 50
Apisto sp. Apache

Also received some nice Peruvian Discus, Several new Pleco species, including some nice Imperial Plecos and som Breeding size F0 Corydoras Weitzmani.

Scott

jv_xbishop

5 Year Member
looking for A. baenschi

got anymore of the Apist. Baenschi Inka 50?

want to try these guys once. by the way what does the number "50" mean?
sometimes i see the name with different numbers too.......what is the significance of the numbers? thankyou

can i see pictures of these A. baenschis that you have please.....

jay

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
by the way what does the number "50" mean?
sometimes i see the name with different numbers too.......what is the significance of the numbers? thankyou....

jay

Jay, when this species was first sold in the hobby - in Japan - it was called A. sp. Inka 50. The 50 was the original price for a pair - 50K yen (~$500)! and they sold out fast.:eek:

jose_vogel

5 Year Member
At this moment, a mating pair of A. baenschi (previously sp. "Inka") are sold in my country at US dollars 150.

Today I ask the price of a mating pair of A. panduro and it was US dollars 300 (the same as the monthly salary of a factory worker!).

By the way, yesterday arrives the first import of Apistogramma since late December. The importer bought 4 bags of 30 juvies each. And I think this is the second time that they were labelled right!!!!, it says "Apistogramma sp." :biggrin:

I bought 20 of what I think are A. bitaeniata and 20 of what I think are A. atahualpa.

MGF

5 Year Member
got anymore of the Apist. Baenschi Inka 50?

want to try these guys once. by the way what does the number "50" mean?
sometimes i see the name with different numbers too.......what is the significance of the numbers? thank you

can i see pictures of these A. baenschis that you have please.....

jay

A. Baenschi is found by the Japanese in the 50th time trip to Amazon and the location is near to the place where Inka Empire is located.
So the name is A. Baenschi Inka 50. (so long)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….