• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sick Aggie

BigDaddyAdo

5 Year Member
A short history.....

About 3 weeks ago i had what looked like the beginnings of Ich so i treated it immediately and it did not re-occur.

About 2 weeks ago my male Aggie developed pop eye in one eye. I treated with triple sulfur and it cleared up.

A week or so ago my female Aggie (who looked very healthy and was about ready to spawn) up and died for no apparent reason.

Just after she died my male started to go down hill again but im having trouble diagnosing so am therefore having trouble treating it.

He now has what looks like pop in in both eyes, his mouth is always wide open and he has stopped eating. He is still quite active though. He also appears to have a bit of red on the inside of the side of his mouth.

I have again treated with triple sulfur and if it has no effect i was planning on treating with Tetracycline.

I would really appreciate any help i can get at this stage.

Here are a couple of pics.

Before he got sick:

IMG_2845.jpg

Taken 30 minutes before this post:

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

Ado

bigbird

5 Year Member
Hello,

My experience telle me that he will sadly go to Apisto Heaven. Eyes bulging, open mouth and ICH is just not a good combo. I however hope with the treatment and water change that he might come good.
cheers and good luck jk

fishgeek

has to be systemic illness
only way i could link exopthalmus and mouth positioning would be space occupying lesion around back of eye jaw region

unfortunatley i think chances are limited too
nice looking fish

bacterial granuloma as in tb
growth
internal abcessation

BigDaddyAdo

5 Year Member
Thanks for the replies.

Im not holding out much hope but i have to try anyway. :frown:

On the bright side it does mean that i can buy a new pair of Apistos now.

Ado

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….