• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tilapia joka for sale

freshwaterfishfan

5 Year Member
Hi, I have young Tilapia joka, about 1+ cm in TL for sale. Good size for shipping. Can't sex (hard to sex even as adults). Very cool and rare Westie.
$3.50/each or 6 for $18.
I will ship UPS or USPS and have medical grade styros. $2 for heat 60 hr heat pack and $3 for box/handling.
My zip is 66209.
PM me if interested.

firetank

5 Year Member
ME!!!! :)

wanted these for YEARS and never seen any, never seen any on any import lists when I was in the trade......

as baldrick would say... I have a cunning plan..

any ideas of shipping cost US to UK???

Ed??

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
ME!!!! :)

wanted these for YEARS and never seen any, never seen any on any import lists when I was in the trade......

as baldrick would say... I have a cunning plan..

any ideas of shipping cost US to UK???

Ed??

Fantastic!
I've only had eggs shipped from abroad before not fish so maybe anyone who has shipped stuff from the US to Europe might chip in???

As there's at least two of us (I bet Ste will want some too at least!!!) then I'm up for getting these in and QTing them before sending them on. Let's go for it!

freshwaterfishfan

5 Year Member
I should be able to get you guys 30+, maybe close to 50 fish.
Let me know the details and how you want this done. I've heard of shipping via USPS priority international which takes 4-5 days. With breather bags and good weather, should be doable.
Steve

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Excellent! 30ish will be plenty! They can all come to me, I'll QT and recover them and then ship them onto everyone!!!

Let me know when you're ready to send them and we'll sort out money and address!

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Fish coming in from the USA will need to land at either Heathrow or Manchester airports so that they can go through the DEFRA controls. As you'll need to declare on the consignment what the package contains I would expect most couriers to refuse the parcel (very few will handle live goods, the only international freight I can think of just now is Benair).

Maybe better if you can find someone bringing in an order into the UK from Rapps or Conkel and piggy back your box of fish on the back of that order. At least that way the import procedures, licences etc are already established.

Andrew

freshwaterfishfan

5 Year Member
How are all these plants and shrimps and snails sent from Germany and Singapore to the US (or vice versa)?
One guy in Norway said he got shipments from the USA via global priority USPS on a regular basis. Does Norway have different import requirements?
If I declare the fish here in the USA and USPS ships them, then it would be up to the reciever to get them through customs, etc?
Steve

MarkSmith

5 Year Member
Hi Freshwaterfishfan:

I sent you a pm. Might you be able to post a photo or two of your T. joka spawning pair, and or juveniles for sale?

Thanks in advance!

chromis

5 Year Member
Count me in guys!! I used to have some of these but never successfully spawned. They used to be available easily at one shop in London but never seem for a number of years now.

MarkSmith

5 Year Member
Got my Tilapia joka today!

Just a note to let everyone know that I recieved my T. joka from Steve today. They are in mint condition and very healthy. They even began to eat spirulina flakes within 30 minutes of being released from their shipping bags.

Thanks again, Steve! Keep up the good work in supplying great, good quality fish for the hobby!

freshwaterfishfan

5 Year Member
HI, I am not opposed to shipping to the UK, but from people I have talked to, it doesn't sound simple and I don't have time to figure/work it out. If someone can get work out all the details so all I have to do is send the fish, then I am game.
Steve

Simon Morgan

5 Year Member
Hi Steve,
I've managed to find some in the UK. Can you give me some tips on breeding them?
For starters, how can I tell apart the sexes?
Thanks,
Simon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….