• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crenicichla regani with fry

peterK

5 Year Member
Soooo... hmmmm They were sold as C. regani Rio Negro, so maybe they are not C. regani... who knows...:confused:

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
Very nice! I love the oak leaf litter!
I really like these smaller pike cichlids. What size are Mum and Dad and the tank and what, if any, fish are in the tank with them?

peterK

5 Year Member
Thank you Ed!
Mummy is about 7cm, Daddy (who was too agressive and I had to move him to another tank) is 11cm. Tank is VERY SMALL (so this is reason why male was so agressive) only 60x50x25cm...:redface: Female with fry is alone in the tank.

RAF

5 Year Member
Hi again... the double "ocelo" (don't know how to say it in english) is typical of C. regani females, I think no other species has it - but I might be wrong.

I've been looking for some time, in Europe, for a seller with correctly indentified C. regani and notophtalmus, but I'm yet to find one... it's not easy being a demanding hobbyist! :biggrin:

peterK

5 Year Member
Hi,
Hi again... the double "ocelo" (don't know how to say it in english) is typical of C. regani females, I think no other species has it - but I might be wrong.
Some forms has one spot, and some has three spots, also.
I've been looking for some time, in Europe, for a seller with correctly indentified C. regani and notophtalmus, but I'm yet to find one...
C. regani is quite easy to get in the best LFS in Poland (Diskus-Zoo, Warsaw), mine are F1 from their wild fish. It's true hard to get C. notophtalmus here. If anyone import them thay are C. nothophtalmus Alenquer which means... they are C. regani:wink: I know only one person who has them.
it's not easy being a demanding hobbyist! :biggrin:
Hmmm... I know something about it:biggrin:

peterK

5 Year Member
Small update after one week of free swimming. Youngsters are growing quite well:biggrin:

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm jealous! :cool: I would like to crack any of the dwarf pike someday. I have gotten eggs from C. regani... but that is all.

peterK

5 Year Member
That's a pity. :( I have chosen mine from a tank full of C. regani. But they were the only bonded pair there. Other C. regani hadn't easy live with them:)
Actually, youngsters have reached 12mm (from 8mm, after starting freeswimming) within one week. That's awesome, I wish Apistogrammas' fry had so good growth rate:rolleyes:

peterK

5 Year Member

Here's the newest pic:wink:

P.S. Does anyone know how to paste vid from youtube to the forum that everyone can see it here (not link, like adding full size pics in post) I have no idea how to do it:confused:

peterK

5 Year Member
Small update :biggrin:

I had to use Pentax 70-210mm lens without flashlight, because female is a bit nervous of flash...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apistokeeper

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….