• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Photos of my Krib Fry

michelle

5 Year Member
Moving on from the photos I have posted in 'Breeding kribs' post, this is of fry at 30 days old.

289.jpg

And this is them at 45 days old

005.jpg

Hope you like them.

Michelle

michelle

5 Year Member
Hi there,

Its a bit of a coincidence that you should mention those other strains as I have been looking at them on someone's post who has various ones for sale, but funnily enough I did not find them half as colourful as the parents that I keep. I do believe I have the more common pulcher type.

When you say they are more rewarding, in what respect do you mean? Are they less agressive, less shy?

Here is a piccie of the parents - I suspect that they are the more common type, but appreciate it if you could advise otherwise

KribMale111108.jpg

Kribfemale101081.jpg

Thanks Michelle,

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
Michelle: "Rewarding" in the sense of "more challenging" and "somewhat rarer in the hobby," I suppose. I kept Moliwe for a long time but then gave them away. They are as easy to spawn and as aggressive as the common krib. In addition to a number of other Westies, I'm now trying my luck with P. taeniatus Dehane. They are less forgiving than Moliwe and kribs, at least that's my experience. One of my Dehane pairs acts as if they spawned, but I can't tell yet for sure. I have to sweet-talk my wife into taking some pictures for posting; she's the photographer in the family.

You've got a really pretty pair of kribs there!

Janos

michelle

5 Year Member
Thank you very much.

My fry are now six weeks old and they are sharing a 72 litre and a 120 litre to see how they develop as this is a first spawn for me. I moved the parents to a 125 ltr community tank about 10 days ago, and this evening I find they are swimming about with another mist of fry. I am going to let nature take its course. I have a clown and BN Cat who hopefully will keep their numbers down.

When your wife has time, I would appreciate some piccies. I love looking at pictures in posts. I think it makes more interesting reading:)

Well I take that all back, I have just been looking up Dehane and I'm pretty impressed - they sure are nice colourful looking fish

Michelle

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….