• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mikrogeophagus ramirezi habitat

fishme.

5 Year Member
hello :)

i am trying to find some information for the M.ramirezi habitat but all i found is only that they are from orinoco system.

do they occure in all of this system ? i don't think so as it is huge , so does anyone knows exactly the location they are from ?

thank's in advance

ste12000

5 Year Member
Hi Fishme, can you send me your email address by PM..I have a document detailing the exact habitat for you to read through...

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

5 Year Member
sent you my email addy as well, hope you don't mind.

it is something I'm interested in. Not sure if I'd mix rams with the wild pair of discrossus filamentosus "orinoco" that I have, considering it though

Ttw

5 Year Member
Fishme
I have collected rams in two locations in the lower Orinoco. I collected some large robust forms from a stream not far from Piacoa on the south of the Orinoco. The other location was north of the river close to Tucupita in shallow man made depressions that I think were for watering cattle. These were smaller but intensly colored fish in large schools that looked like corydoras swimming along the bottom.
TTW

fishme.

5 Year Member
thank you for the answers

TTW do you know the water value of these collecting spots ?

ste12000 i have just sent you a pm

Ttw

5 Year Member
Fishme
The collection site near Piacoa had a pH of 6.7 and hardness of 110 ppm.
The collection site near Tucupita had a pH of 5.8 and hardness of 30 ppm.
Temps varied between 30 - 33 degrees C.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….