• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Book about Rio Negro.

bacarospo

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I'm looking for this book:
Rio Negro. Rich life in poor water
M. Goulding.

Probably is out of print.
Any idea to how and where I can find it?
(new or used)

Regards

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Not sure you'll be able to find this. Quick searches at Amazon, alibris and abebooks had no copies for sale.

Goulding, M., M. L. Carvalho, and E. G. Ferreira. 1988. Rio Negro: Rich life in poor water. Amazonian diversity and foodchain ecology as seen through fish communities SPB Academic Publication, The Hague. ISBN 90-5103-016-9

Even on the publishers site, (https://www.kuglerpublications.com/spb/index.php) I got no results for this book.

Bev N

Apisto Club
5 Year Member
Book about Rio Negro

I did a search on current and completed auction on ebay and didn't find anything either.

Bev

bacarospo

5 Year Member
Thank you so much.
I've appreciated very much your help but I think that this book is definitely out of print.
:-(

BTW if you'll hear anything about it, let me know.

Regards

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It definitely is out of print - for about 10 years now. Sadly I only have photocopies of a few pages that list species/localities. I have looked for the book for a long time. Most are probably in university libraries. That is where I got my photo copies.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Check interlibrary loan from the University of Michigan. It's been 15+ years since I made copies of parts, but most of my rarer papers came from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….