• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ap. Agassizi "Fire Red"

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
Hi folks,

I'm ordering a pair of the above and would like to know more about this rare species..

Anyone is keeping these beauties and would kindly share your experiences with this fish?

Many Thanks!! :biggrin:

Cheers,
Eman

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I believe that this is a domestic strain that probably was developed by mixing A. cf. agassizii (Santarém) Rotrücken/Red-back with some of the domestic red forms of A. agassizii. On the other hand it might be a strain developed only from the red forms of A. agassizii. Treat it as you would most other forms of A. agassizii.

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
Thanks mike :biggrin: I'm planning to keep 2 species of Agassizi
1) Agassizi "Fire Red"
2) Agassizi "Alenquer"

Was hoping to hear from bleblue as I saw pics of the "fire red" in his gallery :tongue:

Microman

5 Year Member
Cacatuoides...
These Apistos are generally known as A agassizii"Flash" or "Flash/Wilhelm" over in Europe and first appeared in the hobby in 2003(Romer CA2 pp398-403).
I have bred them on many occasions... Easily bred and as Mike says treat as you would other forms of agassizii.
My pairs have always produced 100% "Flash" young so they do breed true...
Mark...

Male.
000_1209.jpg

Female in brood dress.
000_1832.jpg

cacatuoides

5 Year Member
Thank you for your lovely pics Microman, the pair looks great, especially the female in her brooding dress!!

I'm awaiting my pair to arrive next week from Hong Kong, its a 3.5cm specimen...still young i guess :biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….