• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. steindachneri spawn

Rey82

5 Year Member
A little over a week ago I had my pair breed. Within a few days I saw that the female was fighting the male away and tending to her eggs. Now a little over a week her fry are free swimming. Right now I count around 20 fry. I have been feeding them Walter worms which they seem to like. How many times a day should I feed these little guys? I have removed the male from the tank so the female can keep a closer eye on here babies. I also have been leaving the aquarium light just in case the fry get lost in the dark.

I will be posting a picture of them in a few days.

chromis

5 Year Member
Congratulations on your fry!

I would feed them a few times a day - making sure to keep on top of the water quality. They should be easy to feed. What puzzles me is that from your post, you seem to describe the spawning to be open. I have these fish and they are a mouthbrooding species. It's weird to find that yours don't seem to have done this.

Regards
chromis

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
What puzzles me is that from your post, you seem to describe the spawning to be open. I have these fish and they are a mouthbrooding species. It's weird to find that yours don't seem to have done this.

Rey82 has Apistogramma steindachneri, a typical cave spawning apisto. I think you are thinking of Geophagus steindachneri, a mouthbrood geophagine.

Rey82

5 Year Member
My cf eunotus have spawned!

I traded a pair of my cf2 viejitas for a trio of these fish over two months ago. Today I got home from work and peaked into all of my tanks to see how my fish were doing. To my surprise the dominant female was out swimming around with 30 plus fry. They are a little less than a week old because they just came out of their cave. It is exciting to see these beauties breeding. Can't wait to see these fry grow up. I will try to post some pics of the mothers and their fry in the near future.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….