• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. guttata F1

blueblue

5 Year Member
The newly acquired pair has spawned and the babies have come out :)
(http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=5844)

a_gut_bb2a_696.jpg

a_gut_bb1a_147.jpg

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
Very nice you don't leave them much time to just hang around being lazy.:wink:

Give me some hints on your preparation for getting them to breed, such as pH, feeding, where the couple separated for a while, etc..

Regards / Chris

blueblue

5 Year Member
Very nice you don't leave them much time to just hang around being lazy.:wink:

Give me some hints on your preparation for getting them to breed, such as pH, feeding, where the couple separated for a while, etc..

Regards / Chris

Hmm, just classic setting: ADA aquasoil substrate, pH ~5-6, feeding with BBS and ADA aqua-food, and 1/4 of water exchange every week. I am a bit lazy now and just exchange with tap water... The couple live together in my tank without any separation. They seem to be in love, hehee...

Guttata seems to be very robust and both male and female are co-living in the tank with fries now. :) The tank is not big but is a standard size for my breeding pairs: 18 inches long, 8.5 inches wide and 12 inches tall.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Wow blueblue. congrats!

Thanks Eugene.

P.S: The pair of super-red german diplo (that you probably have seen in the store in Hong Kong) also spawned and i have found something like 40 fries in the cave, heheee... i am so glad with my recent purchases of german fish :)

Milk

5 Year Member
Thanks Eugene.

P.S: The pair of super-red german diplo (that you probably have seen in the store in Hong Kong) also spawned and i have found something like 40 fries in the cave, heheee... i am so glad with my recent purchases of german fish :)

Wow!!!!That great!!!!Congrat BlueBlue!!!! I will like to create a booking list for all your fries!!! Hee..Hee.:tongue:

Regards
Dimas

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
Hmm, just classic setting: ADA aquasoil substrate, pH ~5-6, feeding with BBS and ADA aqua-food, and 1/4 of water exchange every week. I am a bit lazy now and just exchange with tap water... The couple live together in my tank without any separation. They seem to be in love, hehee...

Guttata seems to be very robust and both male and female are co-living in the tank with fries now. :) The tank is not big but is a standard size for my breeding pairs: 18 inches long, 8.5 inches wide and 12 inches tall.

Thanks for your reply blueblue!

I guessed that i would be a "classic setup". I was however hoping for some very special foolproof tricks.

Looks like I have to keep encourage my pair to do it for themselves.

Regards / Chris

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks for your reply blueblue!

I guessed that i would be a "classic setup". I was however hoping for some very special foolproof tricks.

Looks like I have to keep encourage my pair to do it for themselves.

Regards / Chris

1. i see... hmm, a trick that i used for this pair was: feeding the female more than the male (i simply try to let the female eat more than the male, hehhee) and the spawn did come out after a water exchange...

2. update: Babies

gut_bb_10mar_749.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….