• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

blue rams

koty

5 Year Member
is peat good for breeding these guys aswell??

Based on my experience: YES!!I could time the spawning using peat extract (about 24 hours). The problem is getting a pair that did not go through the normal abuse of hormones and other things such as antibiotic overdosing that significantly shorten their lives and render them infertile.

koty

5 Year Member
you mean 24 hr before spawning to put it in the water?
and i have a wild cought..

I do not understand the question.
What I meant is that peat is highly appreciated by Rams.
When you think that you have a pair and that they are ready, do a water change and add some peat extract.
The fry are very sensitive and small. You need to have some infusuria ready.
Where did you get the wild caught???
Koty

STOKER

5 Year Member
Based on my experience: YES!!I could time the spawning using peat extract (about 24 hours). The problem is getting a pair that did not go through the normal abuse of hormones and other things such as antibiotic overdosing that significantly shorten their lives and render them infertile.

I think that KOTY is saying is that he can time the spawing by adding peat extract to the water , the peat extract has an effect on the fishes hormones and will induce them to spawn . You are very lucky to have a wild caught pair as at least they will know how to rear fry , as farmed rams seem to have lost this.

nir_tza

5 Year Member
thanks guys..
they are a bit small I think that they are about 4 month old or so but they are beautifull!!
cant wait for them to grow..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….